Ref: DragonTales - Chapter 8 - Dragon's Shadow
- Drawn by the need,
- by the dedicated's tales and the traveller's song,
- he shall walk the ways of the howling dark.
- But the brightness of his breath shall be the lure.
- Who shall follow after?
- The whirling threads or the joined darkness?
- The hairy death or crystal lives?
- And how shall they contend and how shall they fare?
- As in the endless dark,
- even the brightest flame can be smothered.
- As in the endless dark,
- even the worst evil is but another patch of shadow...
The Fight at an the GoldenStagInn? [Adar-20]
- JeninTheArmsman, JacAlNorey and UzulfTzun attack the Trollocs that appeared in the shed. One or two (no one is sure) Trollocs escape from the back of the barn, while one stays to cover their escape. After a struggle the remaining Trolloc is killed and the group gives chase after others.
- OliviaAnStein finds out that the stableman's daugther has been taken by the trollocs and she organises the inn patrons to help hunt for her.
A Dark Field at Night
- JacAlNorey and UzulfTzun follow the trail to a field ourside the town. They try to search for the Trollocs but loose the trail.
- The inn patrons with OliviaAnStein and TheBeggar? arrive with Torches.
- Using the light the two groups find the tracks and follow them to a copse.
A Trolloc under the sword is worth three in a Copse
- JacAlNorey sneaks into the wood and is attacked by some concealed Trollocs. The group gets into an altercation (DM's note: two Trollocs are slain) which ends up with Jennin, Jac and Uzulf giving chase to a single escaping Trolloc, while OliviaAnStein and guards search the area.
- Just as they find a sack possibly containing the kidnapped girl, OliviaAnStein has a One Power moment, collapses and weaves the soul of one of the patrons into someone braver 'just in case'.
- The sack does contain the young girl and the group escort her safely home. Olivia's newly brave escort carries her home.
Back at the Inn [Adar-21]
- The Innkeeper and his stableman are very pleased to see the safe return of the girl and party and offer free lodging at the inn 'as long as the party wants'.
- Eventually LieutenantJerman? of the Queen's Guard turns up and investigates the situation. They take statements.
- The ongoing situation in the town with the red, pro-queen & Aes Sedai, and white, anti-queen, groups becomes more intense.
In addition to these events, there are a few other points of note:
- Olivia again having trouble after her channeling, and the visit of a "healer"
- The Whitecloaks barging in and demanding news about people from the Two Rivers; at the end, the heroes deny them and have them abck away, which turns the inn into a "red" inn, supporting the queen.
- The parade of the False Dragon, with:
- Jenin baiting whitecloaks.
- Uzulf, Olivia and Jac, with a group of "Reds" being checked by a larger "white" group, and managing to pass by throwing money around.
- Jenin seing the beggar pointing at the young flute player, the flight of the latter, the pursuit; And jenin seeing him from afar atop one of the palace's walls, with spots of rich clothes and golden hair in the tree above.
- And finally the parade itself, and the arrogance of the False Dragon...