Chapter 13: The Might of Saidin
- Battle draws nigh on the edge of the world
- Come the Light
- Come the Burning
- Out of the darkness, hope shall spring again
- Come the Light
- Come the Shaking
- In the teeth of destruction shall the path be shown
- Come the Light
- Come the Howling
- Fire !
- Stone !
- Air !
- Hope Shattered...
- Hosts Scattered...
A Cold Vision
- The group continue to investigate the stone garden and fountain. They discover that the place looses detail the further you get from the fountain. Maybe it was crafted so that at the fountain it was meant to look like somewhere?
- After a while the group moves on and finds a safe place to camp for the night.
A Frigid Night
- JacAlNorey is invited/engineered into being on watch by the Aiel. Impressed by his stealth, skills and the fact he doesn't use a sword one of the warrior maidens has taken a shine to him. Jac stoically defends his honor.
The Suicide Pact
- The group come across a male wilder called Roak? he is in the middle of a combat with lots of Trollocs that seem to be stopping him getting to the EyeOfTheWorld?. He mistakenly attacks the group with the one power most are hurt and DavorGreshos is knocked out. He thinks that UzulfTzun is a Trolloc and fires lighting at him.
- The group discover that this is the person that the Maidens are racing to the EyeOfTheWorld? before he blows up. Putting aside their blood feud and their race for the common goal of killing darkspawn (OliviaAnStein had nothing to do with that persuasion honest) The Aiel leader, Yellen, and the Male Wilder agree to compete for the best fight to the death with the Trollocs so everyone else can attempt to get to the EyeOfTheWorld?.
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
- The party slips past the fight and continues up the main passage, leaving the feuding pair hacking and blasting their way into the remining trollocs. The party continues along the main passage-way and find eventually come to a gigantic and very long stairway that leads up into the mountain. UzulfTzun takes over from JeninTheArmsman in carrying DavorGreshos.
- They pass several passageways that have fresh air comming out of them and continue up the stairways, there are several points which are difficult for Uzulf to get through.
- The stair ends abruptly, and issues into the thin air at the top of a funnel shaped gash in a mountain side. Far below at the base of this rift stand a strange party, with two huge Trolloc guards, an impressive 'individual' and a small gaggle of well dressed sychophantic 'courtiers'. From where they stand, they can see Tarwin's Gap below them. In this narrow mountain pass the party sees a massive battle where the forces of Shienar are hard-set against a horde of trollocs - and worse.
- The battle is going badly for the Shienar, so the party climbs up to the rift's edge and prepares a rockfall with which to attack the 'watchers'. The rising air brings up the voices of the dark master and his snivelling courtiers - they discuss the displeasure their actions might be causing of one 'Ba'alzamon' (The Trollocs' name for the Dark One!).
- Moments before this is ready the 'leader' is heard to say 'They have found it' and he dissapears in a messy dimension door he summons - which dissects a courtier who has offended him.
- As the party rains rocks down on the hapless Dark-courtiers and their guarding Trollocs events unfold in the valley below. A burning figure of a man appears between the armies and yelling "Ba'alzamon, this has got to stop" he unleashes walls of fire upon the ranks of Trollocs and Fades. Pounding his fists upon the ground he sends a huge tremor up the valley, throwing the remaining dark troops into disarray.
- As a strange mist envelopes the flaming man, The Shienarans seize their moment and easily rout the remaining foes.
- The party climbs down and searches the rubble. They find a strange ring on one of the only bodies that they can get to. The party thinks that this might come from Cairhien. The party completes the climb down with difficulty and reports to a war-weary Lord Kayen.
- As the party and the Shienaran troops leave the field the first warm breath of spring is felt blowing up the valley - OliviaAnStein races Lord Kayen and the party back to the army's camp in a fit of enthusiam.
- The party, minus Olivia, reports their news in full to the good lord.
- Olivia parties as only she knows how to do.
- UzulfTzun investigates the site of where the male wilder stood and destroys the Dark Friends army, there are fist prints in the rock!
- As the party returns with the victorious army, they notice that spring, held back so long, has come at last...
- OliviaAnStein organises a letter to be sent back to Caemlyn.
To The Publican of the Golden Stag Inn, Caemlyn.
My Dear Charles,
I am sorry that our departure was such that we
were unable to thank you for your hospitality
and pay our compliments to the warmth and light
Our midnight chase has led us further away from
your fine inn than we intended, and so I wish for
you to send the personal effects of my party on
Many of these items are of great sentimental
value to us, and I trust that the enclosed purse
will cover the safe transportation of all items
to the safe keeping of house of Lord Kayen in
I hope the light has shone upon your stableman
and especially his daughter. If perchance there
are any funds left in the purse after you have
arranged transportation please spend them wisely
upon her recovery.
May the light go with you,
Olivia an' Stein.