- This is intended to be a simple rules lite character creation system. All the player characters are basic humans using the NobilisRPG Rules with some minor modifications to allow for playability.
- Nobilis has four Miraclous traits called Aspect, Domain, Realm and Spirit. These Traits can be boosted with the use of Miracle Points.
- Aspect is your miraclous control of your mind and body (ie think of the matrix type mind body like effects).
- Domain is you ability to modify a specific part of reality (ie dominace of trees).
- Realm is the control of the environment of world the character comes from. (think of fay magic in a fairy land).
- Spirit is the characters importance to the universe. The higher the character's Spirit, the more likely creation will step in to save you from being destroyed.
- Characters also have Skills, Gifts and Flaws.
- Skills are only enumerated if they character would have significant training or pratice in the area. They should also cover broad areas like a profession (ie JanusSkillExamples).
- Gifts can be anything that the Referee will accept but should be focused (ie JanusGiftExamples).
- Flaws allow a character to refresh their Miracle Points only if the Flaw causes the character a real problem in a game session (ie these can't be engineered moments just to get more miracle points, but have to be a real problem). A character should have a Flaw. (ie JanusFlawExamples?).
- All characters have the trait of Aspect. Aspect is the measure of the character's amazingness in physical and mental activities. Only great and illuminated heros or mystical creatures have Aspect above 0.
Aspect Power Levels
NULL An Object (ie a Chair)
0 Of Moral Form (ie a Person)
1 Metahuman (ie proffesional)
2 Legendary (ie savants and athletes)
3 Inhuman (ie above mortal ability)
4 Celestial (ie angel like)
5 Exemplar (ie god like)
- All player characters start off having:
- Aspect 0 (Of Moral Form).
- Two Aspect Miracle Points which can be thought of as Hero Points or Ki Points.
- Two relevent Skills which are at the professional level of competence.
- One simple Gift.
Domain and Realm
- For the other two Traits, Domain, and Realm, unless the character has someform of mystical ability or a divine being, these Traits are 'NULL'.
- If the camapign has religious or magical player characters, and if the character has selected the relevant Gift, then, at the discretion of the referee, Aspect Skills and Miracle Points may be transfered to the relevant Trait. (please see the referee for more information about how to do this.) For more information see: DomainMagic and RealmMagic.
- Like the two Traits, Domain, and Realm, Spirit is 'NULL' unless the character has someform of mystical ability or a divine being.
- An entity with Spirit has an Aura that might protects them against Mystical and Mundane Actions directed at them. Any Mirical Action that attempt to directly harm the character must over come the Protective Aura with a Penitration greater that the Aura. Also if the entity is a Divine creature (ie a fundimentatly part of reality) then the Rite of Holy Fire can protect them against 'petty' attempts to destroy them by other 'mundane' parts of the universe.
Spirit Power Levels (Rite of the Holy Fire)
NULL Not protected
2 Heavy Fire
- Janus Character Examples are at: JanusCharacterExamples
The Janus RPG © - Copyright 2002,2003 David Allan Finch - all rights reserved