Another small Hill Station of West Bengal lies at an altitude of 1250 metres. It was once part of the lands belonging to the rajas of Sikkim until the beginning of the 18th century when it was taken away by the Bhutanese. In the 19th century it passed into the hands of the British and thus became part of West Bengal. It became a centre for Scottish missionary activity in the late 19th century, and Dr. Graham's orphanage and school is still running today. Kalimpong's main attraction is Tharpa Choling Monastery, established in 1922, belonging to the Yellow Hat Sect of Tibetan Buddhism founded in the 14th century in Tibet. This monastery is not visited by very many due to its location. It is a 40 minute walk (uphill) from town. The other monastery which is situated down the hill, the Thongsa Gompa, or Bhutanese Monastery, is the oldest monastery in the area and was founded in 1692.